The Church of Saint-Etienne

The Church of Saint-Etienne is already qualified as a parish in the middle of the 12th century, the recent parts are made of Bagnoles’ stone.

The vaults and buttresses of the nave, the Chapel and the belfry are from the 18th century, as well as the West window of the apse. The bell was melted by Jean Pailhaud in 1570, who participated in the design of the big bell of the Cathedral of Saint-Nazaire in Carcassonne.

On the spire, we can see the following ornaments: a crucifix, the Virgin and Saint Jean, another Virgin and Saint-Etienne the saint patron of the Church.

Inside, there are various objects from the 18th century.

 

The Church of Saint-Etienne accommodates 82 people.

 

 

A picture of the spire... By Jonathan Adam (October 2015)

 

A Merovingian sarcophagus  was found in the Church.